Monday, May 23, 2011

My Week In Johannesburg...


I had such an awesome relaxing week in Johannesburg with Elaine and Bijen. They really made me feel so welcome and enjoy myself.

I arrived on Thursday the 12th May - the day I ended up having my interview, so we didn't do much. On Friday evening, we went to a place to have Sushi with four others, we had a Buffet Sushi menu, where you pay R130, and eat as much Sushi as you want... I have never in my LIFE had so much Sushi in one sitting before, lol. But it was delicious!! On Saturday Bijen went fishing at a dam and Elaine and I just relaxed and then went to visit him. On Sunday we went to a cute little place for pancakes - YUMMY!! They were so big, I couldn't even finish mine. We also went to the Botanical Gardens, such a beautiful place! On Wednesday, I made plans with friends to meet up for lunch, we decided to meet up at this place called "Taschas Restuarant", really nice food there. It was really nice to see my JHB friends after so long but so sad to have to say goodbye, knowing that I wasn't going to see them again before I left for America. On Thursday, the day before I left, Elaine and I made Sushi, this was the first time I had ever made / eaten homemade Sushi - it was REALLY so good and SO easy to make!! (Guess what I'm going to be making at home soon, haha).

Here are a few pictures of my week... 

The Dam...


Pancakes for Breakfast...

 



The Botanical Gardens...









Meeting up with my JHB friends for lunch, and saying goodbye Love these girls!...




Making Sushi for the first time, for Lunch...


Elaine showing me how to make two different types...






My Turn to Try it...



I Think My First Try Was Pretty Darn FANTASTIC!! Lol...


Our Plate Of Sushi At The End...


No comments:

Post a Comment