Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Cooking and Baking to keep me busy...

So lately I've had this urge to cook and bake, so I've been making a few things here and there to keep myself busy... Yes the baking has NOT been right from scratch like I've always known, they are ready made items just ready to put into the oven, wait a few minutes and take them out, so they don't take up THAT much time, but it's still fun! LOL


So my first "big" meal I made, I decided to make a Sunday lunch pot roast in my Crock Pot - I was pretty nervous as to how it was going to turn out, but it turned out pretty good :)


Meat and Vegetables In Ready To Cook...



The finished product...


The Next Dinner I Tried Out Was An Egg Plant Dish - I was totally shocked to learn that Dustin loves Egg Plant (he says it tastes like Lasagne to him, okay?? Lol)... I was pretty worried about this dish because I've never worked with Egg Plant before and wasn't too sure how to cook it correctly etc etc.

It did turn out pretty good, although I do still have to try the Aubergine dish that my friend Elaine gave me... This dish was basically just Egg Plant and a sauce and cheese - a nice quick dinner :)

Sweating The Egg Plant Slices...


The First Layer Of Egg Plant and The Sauce I Put With It...


The Finished Dish, I left It In The Oven For A Bit Too Long, But It Wasn't Overcooked...



I then tried my hand at making biscuits (scones for us SA people, lol), they were so easy, they come in a tube! All you have to do it tear the paper off the tube, the tube pops open and you take the (already "cut out") pieces out and put them on a baking tray, put them in the oven and vwoala! 15 min later you take them out and eat them!! LOL, have a look...

One...


Two...


Three...



Four...



Five...


Six...


The latest baking goody I made was a batch of brownies... They are so delicious and soooo chewy!! Mmmm

Ready To Put In The Oven... (Not sure why the pictures are coming out portrait instead of landscape like I want!)


Out Of The Oven And Ready To Eat... (I forgot to take a pic before I started cutting)




No comments:

Post a Comment