Friday, January 6, 2012

Breakfast In A Muffin...

While playing around on my Pinterest I can across a pin someone had pinned on their board and thought I would add it to my blog...

Breakfast in a Muffin (go to Elizabeths blog - she has some interesting and yummy recipes http://pleasenotepaper.blogspot.com/2011/04/breakfast-in-muffin.html)



I adapted the recipe from this one... and by adapted, I mean, I took a slightly lazier approach.

Ingredients:

1 package refrigerated biscuits (the kind in the tube)
large eggs (one for each biscuit)
monterey jack or cheddar cheese
butter to grease the muffin tin
salt and pepper
bacon


Grease your muffin tin. Flatten each biscuit with the palm of your hands and line the muffin tin with them. Fill every other cup... (please excuse my makeshift tins, I really need to invest in a decent one).



Place sliced cheese in the bottom of each cup. I used monterey jack because it's my favorite but cheddar would work well too. Crack one egg into each cup.



Top with a little more sliced cheese.



Bake at 375 degrees until the eggs have hardened. The biscuits seem to cook faster than the eggs. I had to cover the muffin tins with aluminum foil halfway through the baking process so they would not burn.



Once they are cooked through, add some bacon and enjoy!

If you're feeling extra innovative, you could add some hollandaise sauce to these. I'll definitely be doing that next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment