Saturday, July 28, 2012

Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore & Roasted Broccoli....

On Sunday I made a Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore dish. This idea came about when reading my friend Nikki's blog and she had made some amazing Roasted Broccoli, see the recipe here.

The Chicken came out pretty nice, it was my first time ever trying something like that, and I was pretty proud of myself, haha.... It was SO easy too, and with the Roasted Broccoli to accompany it, it was amazing :) I also made little desserts for after, I did cheat a bit and buy the "cake baskets" at Kroger, lol...But the rest I just thought would go nice together and so just tried it out. See the Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore recipe below.

I have noticed that when ever I have cooked chicken in a Crockpot, it ALWAYS comes out amazingly juicy and delicious. I have made a whole chicken in my Crockpot, but I don't seem to have blogged about it (boo!) not too sure why, but I have made two other Chicken dishes in my Crockpot :
Chicken Soup and Chicken and Dumplings - have a look, and I dare you to try them out :)

Chicken Cacciatore Recipe :

3lbs. bone in chicken thighs, skin removed
14 oz. can of diced tomatoes with Italian seasoning
6 oz. can of tomato paste
1 cup of chicken broth
1 onion, sliced
4 colves of garlic, minced
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup dry red wine (I just bought the cheapest I could find)
1 tsp. dried Italian Seasoning (Kroger has it for $1)
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 Tbsp. cornstarch

Place all ingredients except cornstarch and water in 4-5 quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours until chicken is thoroughly cooked and tender.

If you want a thicker sauce, combine cornstarch and water in small bowl and mix well. Stir into crockpot; cover and cook on low 15-20 minutes until thickened. Serve with hot cooked pasta, if desired.


Makes 6 servings.









No comments:

Post a Comment